Week 5 of the Typecast of Characters Blog Tour includes pouches and framed blocks. Check out what Joanna, Lindsay, Andrea, Sarah and Rachel made with my latest English Paper Piecing pattern, Typecast. Be sure to read all the way to the end to enter for a chance to win a bundle of PURE SOLIDS fabric by Art Gallery Fabrics.
Did you miss Week 1 projects (featuring A, B, C and D), Week 2 projects (featuring E, F, G and H), Week 3 projects (featuring I, J, K and L) or Week 4 projects (featuring M, N, O and P)? Click the links and get caught up!
Q is for Quilt
Joanna Marsh of Kustom Kwilter took Typecast to a whole new level! I love how she combined the EPP letter with quilted typography (and incorporated Kona’s Color of the year—Splash). I had the opportunity to meet Joanna in person for the first time at QuiltCon 2019. Her Q was well underway and she brought it to show me. Head on over to Joanna’s blog to get all of the details about how she made and quilted her Typecast mini.
Q is for more Quilt blocks
Q is such a great letter, we had to celebrate it twice! Lindsay Széchényi of Patchwork Threads stitched this super cute Typecast Q with her own silk-screened fabric. Head on over to the Patchwork Threads Instagram feed to see more photos!
Love Quilts? Pick up your own Heart Quilt t-shirt inspired by Typecast.
R is for relentless
My friend, Andrea Tsang Jackson of 3rd Story Workshop is constantly pushing boundaries in quilting. I’ve enjoy following her collaborations and artist-in-residency. For her Typecast R block, Andrea used fabric she designed herself and printed through Spoonflower. Head on over to Andrea’s blog to learn more about her letter and process.
S is for Sarah
Doesn’t this make you want to get your own Typecast pattern and make custom pillows for your loved ones and yourself! I am in love with this sweet pillow Sarah Thomas of Sariditty made with a Typecast and her first fabric collection, Paradigm, for Hoffman Fabric.
T is for Typecast and Terrific
Rachel Rossi, an EPP newbie, made this super cute pennant flag for her nephew, Trevor. How cute is this and what little boy or girl wouldn’t want this for their room? Doesn’t it make you want to get stitching? Head on over to Rachel’s blog for all the details!
the tour and giveaways continue…
TYPECAST OF CHARACTERS BLOG TOUR hosted by Whole Circle Studio:
• Wednesday, March 27: Tour Introduction by Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 1 — A: Kate Brennan of Aurifil
• Tuesday, April 2 — B: Mathew Bourdreaux of Mister Domestic
• Wednesday, April 3 — C: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
• Thursday, April 4— D: Leah Day of Free Motion Quilting Project
• Friday, April 5 — Week 1 Wrap Up featuring A-D and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 8 — E: Erin Bay of Paper Pieces
• Tuesday, April 9 — F: Sylvia Schaefer of Flying Parrot Quilts
• Wednesday, April 10 — G: Giuseppe Ribaudo of Giucy Giuce
• Thursday, April 11— H: Hilary Jordan of By Hilary Jordan
• Friday, April 12 — Week 2 Wrap Up featuring E-H and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 15 — I: Kim Soper of Leland Ave Studios
• Tuesday, April 16 — J: Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting Jetgirl
• Wednesday, April 17 — K: Karen O’Connor of Lady K Quilts
• Thursday, April 18 — L: Kristy Daum of St. Louis Folk Victorian
• Friday, April 19 — Week 3 Wrap Up featuring I-L and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 22 — M: Molli Sparkles of Molli Sparkles
• Tuesday, April 23 — N: Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
• Wednesday, April 24 — O: Scott Hansen of Blue Nickel Studios
• Thursday, April 25 — P: Pat Sloan of Pat Sloan
• Friday, April 26 — Week 4 Wrap Up featuring M-P and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Joanna Marsh of Kustom Kwilts
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Lindsay Széchényi of Lindsay Széchényi (and Patchwork Threads)
• Tuesday, April 30 — R: Andrea Tsang Jackson of 3rd Story Workshop
• Wednesday, May 1 — S: Sarah Thomas of Sariditty
• Thursday, May 2 — T: Rachel Rossi of Rachel Rossi
• Friday, May 3— Week 5 Wrap Up featuring Q-T and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 6 — U: Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter
• Tuesday, May 7 — V: Jenn McMillan of Fabric, Ink
• Wednesday, May 8 — W: Jenny Meeker of Bobbin Roulette Studio
• Thursday, May 9 — X: Stephanie Kendron of Modern Sewciety
• Friday, May 10 — Week 6 Wrap Up featuring U-X and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 13 — Y: Debby Brown of Debby Brown Quilts
• Tuesday, May 14 — Z: Nisha Bouri and Kim Martucci of Brimfield Awakening
• Wednesday, May 15 — Week 7 Wrap Up featuring Y-Z, Tour closeout and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
Pick up your Typecast Guide and Paper Pack today and make something great with us!
… and now, for the GIVEAWAY!
I’m having a blast making LOTS of projects with Typecast. One of my early projects was my Makers Gonna Make quilt. I used nine of my favorite Art Gallery Fabrics PURE SOLIDS to make this quilt: Cherry Lipgloss, Coral Reef, Turmeric, Lemonade, Jade Cream, Cozumel Blue, Aero Blue, Verve Violet, and Night Sea. Art Gallery’s fabric is super soft and great to work with, especially with English Paper Piecing.
This week, my friends at Art Gallery are giving one lucky person a bundle of PURE SOLIDS. Enter for your chance to win!
How to enter:
1. Leave a comment at the bottom of this blog post to enter. Make sure your contact info is in your profile or that you leave your name and either email address/Instagram handle in the comment. (I need a way to get in touch with you if you win!)
2. In your comment, answer: What Typecast letter will you make and with what Art Gallery PURE SOLID?
You have until 8pm EST on Monday, May 6, 2019 to enter.
One lucky winner for each prize will be selected by True Random Number Generator.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner: Jeanne Futter. Thank you to all who left a comment!
Good luck and go make something great,