Woo hoo! It’s Week 3 of the Typecast of Characters Blog Tour! We’re half way through the alphabet and this week’s projects included pillows and a bag. Check out what Kim, Yvonne, Karen, and Kristy made with my latest English Paper Piecing pattern, Typecast. Be sure to read all the way to the end to enter for a chance to win a Wool Ironing Mat, sponsored by Precision Quilting Tools.
I is for I Love You
I was so excited when Kim Soper of Leland Ave Studios said she would join the Typecast of Characters blog tour and make a letter even though she has never English Paper Pieced (EPP) before. Her adorable pillow combines EPP (for the “I”) and Liberty of London inspired embroidery (for the “love you”). Side note: she used a beautiful Liberty print for the letter. Head on over to Kim’s blog—she walks you through her process and gives some great EPP tips.
J is for Joyful
K is for Lady K
Karen OConnor, of Lady K Quilts, knocked it out of the park, incorporating her Typecast letter K block with other blocks pieced on her machine to make this super cute and kitschy pillow. I also love how she decorates her home with pillows and projects she made. Who wouldn’t want a big elephant (pattern by Violet Craft) over their shoulder?
L is for Laughter, Love, Life and (St.) Louis
I’m loving the L block Kristy Daum, of St. Louis Folk Victorian, made using Typecast. Her red and white fabric selection as well as her photo styling is perfect. I can’t wait to see what Kristy decides to make with her block!
the tour and giveaways continue…
TYPECAST OF CHARACTERS BLOG TOUR hosted by Whole Circle Studio:
• Wednesday, March 27: Tour Introduction by Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 1 — A: Kate Brennan of Aurifil
• Tuesday, April 2 — B: Mathew Bourdreaux of Mister Domestic
• Wednesday, April 3 — C: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
• Thursday, April 4— D: Leah Day of Free Motion Quilting Project
• Friday, April 5 — Week 1 Wrap Up featuring A-D and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 8 — E: Erin Bay of Paper Pieces
• Tuesday, April 9 — F: Sylvia Schaefer of Flying Parrot Quilts
• Wednesday, April 10 — G: Giuseppe Ribaudo of Giucy Giuce
• Thursday, April 11— H: Hilary Jordan of By Hilary Jordan
• Friday, April 12 — Week 2 Wrap Up featuring E-H and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 15 — I: Kim Soper of Leland Ave Studios
• Tuesday, April 16 — J: Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting Jetgirl
• Wednesday, April 17 — K: Karen O’Connor of Lady K Quilts
• Thursday, April 18 — L: Kristy Daum of St. Louis Folk Victorian
• Friday, April 19 — Week 3 Wrap Up featuring I-L and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 22 — M: Molli Sparkles of Molli Sparkles
• Tuesday, April 23 — N: Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
• Wednesday, April 24 — O: Scott Hansen of Blue Nickel Studios
• Thursday, April 25 — P: Pat Sloan of Pat Sloan
• Friday, April 26 — Week 4 Wrap Up featuring M-P and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Joanna Marsh of Kustom Kwilts
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Lindsay Széchényi of Lindsay Széchényi (and Patchwork Threads)
• Tuesday, April 30 — R: Andrea Tsang Jackson of 3rd Story Workshop
• Wednesday, May 1 — S: Sarah Thomas of Sariditty
• Thursday, May 2 — T: Rachel Rossi of Rachel Rossi
• Friday, May 3— Week 5 Wrap Up featuring Q-T and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 6 — U: Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter
• Tuesday, May 7 — V: Jenn McMillan of Fabric, Ink
• Wednesday, May 8 — W: Jenny Meeker of Bobbin Roulette Studio
• Thursday, May 9 — X: Stephanie Kendron of Modern Sewciety
• Friday, May 10 — Week 6 Wrap Up featuring U-X and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 13 — Y: Debby Brown of Debby Brown Quilts
• Tuesday, May 14 — Z: Nisha Bouri and Kim Martucci of Brimfield Awakening
• Wednesday, May 15 — Week 7 Wrap Up featuring Y-Z, Tour closeout and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
Pick up your Typecast Guide and Paper Pack and make something great with us!
… and now, for the GIVEAWAY!
I’ve been using a Wool Pressing Mat with my iron for a little over 6 months and am LOVING it. I find that my seams lay a lot flatter. (check out “4 Reasons You’ll Love Using a Wool Pressing Mat”)
Enter for your chance to win your OWN wool pressing mat (sponsored by and mailed directly from Precision Quilting Tools). Because of shipping logistics, only residents of the United States are eligible to win.
How to enter:
1. Leave a comment at the bottom of this blog post to enter. Make sure your contact info is in your profile or that you leave your name and either email address/Instagram handle in the comment. (I need a way to get in touch with you if you win!)
2. In your comment, answer: What do you envision making with a Typecast letter block (i.e quilt, pillow, bag)?
You have until 8pm EST on Monday, April 22, 2019 to enter.
One lucky winner for each prize will be selected by True Random Number Generator.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner: Cindy Buckley. Thank you to all who left a comment!
Good luck and go make something great,