We’re in the home stretch of week 6 of the Typecast of Characters Blog Tour! Check out what Kitty, Jenn, Jenny and Stephanie made with my latest English Paper Piecing pattern, Typecast. Be sure to read to the end and enter for a chance to win a rotary cutter/seam ripper collection and 4 pack of thread gloss sponsored by Havel’s Sewing and Sew Fine.
Did you miss the previous week’s projects? Get caught up here:
• Week 1 projects (featuring A, B, C and D)
• Week 2 projects (featuring E, F, G and H)
• Week 3 projects (featuring I, J, K and L)
• Week 4 projects (featuring M, N, O and P)
• Week 5 projects (featuring Q, R, S and T)
U is for Unicorn
Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter did amazing fussy cutting to make her Typecast letter U. How perfect is Tula Pink’s Pinkerville fabric for this unicorn inspired block? Head on over to Kitty’s blog to read the full story and more amazing photography.
V spells out Ava
I am drooling over this sweet mini quilt Jenn McMillan of Fabric, Ink and Sew Fine made for her daughter Ava with my Typecast EPP pattern. Funny thing… she started with the olive and pink color palette which she (and I) love but her pre-teen was not in love with. Head on over to Jenn’s blog to get the full story. Jenn, the owner of Sew Fine, is also sponsoring this week’s giveaway—check out the details at the end of this blog post.
W is for Writer
Check out this writing themed Typecast letter made by Jenny Meeker. I love how she dug into her stash and used her typewriter themed fabric. So cool! Head on over to her blog to get all the details.
X marks the spot
Stephanie Kendron of Modern Sewciety is an Xtra new English Paper Piecer. Go, Stephanie! Typecast is the perfect pattern for new and experienced EPPers! Head on over to her Instagram feed to see more.
the tour and giveaways continue…
TYPECAST OF CHARACTERS BLOG TOUR hosted by Whole Circle Studio:
• Wednesday, March 27: Tour Introduction by Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 1 — A: Kate Brennan of Aurifil
• Tuesday, April 2 — B: Mathew Bourdreaux of Mister Domestic
• Wednesday, April 3 — C: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
• Thursday, April 4— D: Leah Day of Free Motion Quilting Project
• Friday, April 5 — Week 1 Wrap Up featuring A-D and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 8 — E: Erin Bay of Paper Pieces
• Tuesday, April 9 — F: Sylvia Schaefer of Flying Parrot Quilts
• Wednesday, April 10 — G: Giuseppe Ribaudo of Giucy Giuce
• Thursday, April 11— H: Hilary Jordan of By Hilary Jordan
• Friday, April 12 — Week 2 Wrap Up featuring E-H and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 15 — I: Kim Soper of Leland Ave Studios
• Tuesday, April 16 — J: Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting Jetgirl
• Wednesday, April 17 — K: Karen O’Connor of Lady K Quilts
• Thursday, April 18 — L: Kristy Daum of St. Louis Folk Victorian
• Friday, April 19 — Week 3 Wrap Up featuring I-L and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 22 — M: Molli Sparkles of Molli Sparkles
• Tuesday, April 23 — N: Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
• Wednesday, April 24 — O: Scott Hansen of Blue Nickel Studios
• Thursday, April 25 — P: Pat Sloan of Pat Sloan
• Friday, April 26 — Week 4 Wrap Up featuring M-P and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Joanna Marsh of Kustom Kwilts
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Lindsay Széchényi of Lindsay Széchényi (and Patchwork Threads)
• Tuesday, April 30 — R: Andrea Tsang Jackson of 3rd Story Workshop
• Wednesday, May 1 — S: Sarah Thomas of Sariditty
• Thursday, May 2 — T: Rachel Rossi of Rachel Rossi
• Friday, May 3— Week 5 Wrap Up featuring Q-T and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 6 — U: Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter
• Tuesday, May 7 — V: Jenn McMillan of Fabric, Ink
• Wednesday, May 8 — W: Jenny Meeker of Bobbin Roulette Studio
• Thursday, May 9 — X: Stephanie Kendron of Modern Sewciety
• Friday, May 10 — Week 6 Wrap Up featuring U-X and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 13 — Y: Debby Brown of Debby Brown Quilts
• Tuesday, May 14 — Z: Nisha Bouri and Kim Martucci of Brimfield Awakening
• Wednesday, May 15 — Week 7 Wrap Up featuring Y-Z, Tour closeout and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
Pick up your Typecast Guide and Paper Pack today and make something great with us!
… and now, for the GIVEAWAY!
This week, my friends at Sew Fine and Havel’s Sewing are giving one lucky person a prize pack of 4 Sew Fine Thread Glosses, a seam ripper, a 28mm rotary cutter and a 45mm rotary cutter. I use Sew Fine and Havel’s tools. If you’re not familiar with these brands, you definitely want to enter for your chance to win! These tools come in super handy for making Typecast blocks!
How to enter:
1. Leave a comment at the bottom of this blog post to enter. Make sure your contact info is in your profile or that you leave your name and either email address/Instagram handle in the comment. (I need a way to get in touch with you if you win!)
2. In your comment, answer: What’s your favorite sewing tool or notion?
You have until 8pm EST on Monday, May 13, 2019 to enter.
One lucky winner for each prize will be selected by True Random Number Generator.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner: Susan MacLeod. Thank you to all who left a comment!
Good luck and go make something great,