We’re on to Week 4 of the Typecast of Characters Blog Tour and it includes pouches and framed blocks. Check out what Molli, Nicole, Scott and Pat made with my latest English Paper Piecing pattern, Typecast. Be sure to read all the way to the end to enter for a chance to win a Warm & Natural Batting and Flatter, sponsored by The Warm Company and Soak.
M is for Molli (and Marvelous)
The Typecast of Characters Blog Tour is officially international. Next stop: Australia! The marvelous Molli Sparkles paired a Typecast letter M with super special Liberty of London and Alison Glass fabric from his stash to make a magnificent pouch for all of his EPP sewing tools and supplies. Head on over to Molli’s blog to get all of the details about his project and love of glitter.
N is for Nicole
Nicole, the queen of English Paper Pieced Hexies, made this super cute Typecast letter N using Liberty of London fabrics. I adore her idea of making blocks and framing them as gifts. She has big plans to make them for all of her family members and other holiday related projects. Head on over to her blog, Modern Handcraft, for lots of visual eye-candy and project ideas!
O is for Ocean Park
Scott Hansen of Blue Nickel Studios used his new Ocean Park batik fabrics to make a Typecast letter “O”. Head on over to his blog to see an EPP Grandmother’s Flower Garden blocks that he started back in the late 90’s and how he overcame his anxiety of sewing curves by hand. (Spoiler alert, it was the easiest part for him!).
P is for Pat
the tour and giveaways continue…
TYPECAST OF CHARACTERS BLOG TOUR hosted by Whole Circle Studio:
• Wednesday, March 27: Tour Introduction by Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 1 — A: Kate Brennan of Aurifil
• Tuesday, April 2 — B: Mathew Bourdreaux of Mister Domestic
• Wednesday, April 3 — C: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
• Thursday, April 4— D: Leah Day of Free Motion Quilting Project
• Friday, April 5 — Week 1 Wrap Up featuring A-D and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 8 — E: Erin Bay of Paper Pieces
• Tuesday, April 9 — F: Sylvia Schaefer of Flying Parrot Quilts
• Wednesday, April 10 — G: Giuseppe Ribaudo of Giucy Giuce
• Thursday, April 11— H: Hilary Jordan of By Hilary Jordan
• Friday, April 12 — Week 2 Wrap Up featuring E-H and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 15 — I: Kim Soper of Leland Ave Studios
• Tuesday, April 16 — J: Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting Jetgirl
• Wednesday, April 17 — K: Karen O’Connor of Lady K Quilts
• Thursday, April 18 — L: Kristy Daum of St. Louis Folk Victorian
• Friday, April 19 — Week 3 Wrap Up featuring I-L and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 22 — M: Molli Sparkles of Molli Sparkles
• Tuesday, April 23 — N: Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
• Wednesday, April 24 — O: Scott Hansen of Blue Nickel Studios
• Thursday, April 25 — P: Pat Sloan of Pat Sloan
• Friday, April 26 — Week 4 Wrap Up featuring M-P and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Joanna Marsh of Kustom Kwilts
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Lindsay Széchényi of Lindsay Széchényi (and Patchwork Threads)
• Tuesday, April 30 — R: Andrea Tsang Jackson of 3rd Story Workshop
• Wednesday, May 1 — S: Sarah Thomas of Sariditty
• Thursday, May 2 — T: Rachel Rossi of Rachel Rossi
• Friday, May 3— Week 5 Wrap Up featuring Q-T and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 6 — U: Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter
• Tuesday, May 7 — V: Jenn McMillan of Fabric, Ink
• Wednesday, May 8 — W: Jenny Meeker of Bobbin Roulette Studio
• Thursday, May 9 — X: Stephanie Kendron of Modern Sewciety
• Friday, May 10 — Week 6 Wrap Up featuring U-X and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 13 — Y: Debby Brown of Debby Brown Quilts
• Tuesday, May 14 — Z: Nisha Bouri and Kim Martucci of Brimfield Awakening
• Wednesday, May 15 — Week 7 Wrap Up featuring Y-Z, Tour closeout and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
Pick up your Typecast Guide and Paper Pack and make something great with us!
… and now, for the GIVEAWAY!
I use The Warm Company cotton batting (usually Warm & Natural, so I have a roll of it) in all of my quilts. I occasionally use Warm & White and Warm 80/20). The Warm Company makes a great batting and I love how it looks with my quilting. I’m also a big fan of Flatter by Soak to get wrinkles out of my fabric before I begin piecing.
Enter for your chance to win a Queen Size package of Warm & Natural and a bottle of Lacey Flatter (sponsored by and mailed directly from The Warm Company and Soak). Because of shipping logistics, only residents of the United States and Canada are eligible to win.
How to enter:
1. Leave a comment at the bottom of this blog post to enter. Make sure your contact info is in your profile or that you leave your name and either email address/Instagram handle in the comment. (I need a way to get in touch with you if you win!)
2. In your comment, answer: What’s your favorite tool or supply for handwork/hand sewing?
You have until 8pm EST on Monday, April 29, 2019 to enter.
One lucky winner for each prize will be selected by True Random Number Generator.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner: Mary Hawthorne. Thank you to all who left a comment!
Good luck and go make something great,