When I left off in my previous post, everything was packed up and ready (or as ready as it was ever going to be) to fly down to Houston. Jason and I flew out super early (6am early) from New York and arrived in Houston at 9am. We had two full days to coordinate final details and get the booth set up.
DAY 1 of set up we accomplished the following (in this order):
• picked up rental car and navigated around Houston
• dropped off all of the luggage at our hotel (so that we had PLENTY of room to fit LOTS more stuff)
• picked up the 4 heavy boxes I shipped via FedEx the week before
• made a quick Ikea shopping trip of items that were cheaper to buy in Houston then they were to buy at my local Ikea and ship
• navigated to and through the loading dock/yard at the Convention Center
• loaded-in everything we picked up and started assembling the booth
• made a trip to Home Depot (last minute things) and to a friend of a friend’s house about an hour north of Houston to pick up borrowed furniture for the booth
Day 1 started at 4am EST and ended about 10pm CST. Here are some highlights in photos:
DAY 2 of set up:
Highlights from our first booth at Fall Quilt Market 2016:
Many friends stopped by the booth…
1. Lizzy House @lizzyhouse, 2. Christa Watson @christaquilts,
3. Denyse Schmidt @dsquilts, 4. Sarah Thomas @sariditty,
5. Vivika DeNegre @vdenegre, 6. Leah Day @leahdayquilting,
7. Alex Veronelli @alexveronelli, 8. Swan Sheridan @swanamity (dressed up as a beekeeper for Halloween)
Exhibiting at my first Quilt Market was an amazing experience!
Have you experienced a Market? If so, what was your favorite part?
Preparing to participate at an upcoming Market? If so, what are you curious about and/or looking forward to the most?