A few months ago I had, what I thought was a crazy idea at the time. What would it look like to have 26 quilters each make a letter from my latest English Paper Piecing pattern, Typecast, and feature each maker and project? A moment of panic set in… did I even know 26 people? After brainstorming, planning, and lots of emails, 27 talented quilters (the letter “Q” is so special, there needs to be two quilters!) agreed to participate. The Typecast of Characters Blog Tour was born!
Over the next seven Fridays, I’ll introduce you to the all-star line up of quilters and the project they made using Typecast. Of course, we’ll work alphabetically and what’s a tour without prizes? Each week there will be a giveaway with quilting prizes you definitely want to add to your collection. Be sure to read through to the bottom to enter for a chance to win this week’s prize, sponsored by Aurifil.
Make your own letters & words!
Let’s get this Tour started!
A is for Aurifil
Kate Brennan, Sales & Customer service extraordinaire of Aurifil, kicked off the blog tour. I love how personalized the Typecast “A” with the Chicago skyline, where she resides and home to Aurifil USA! Be sure to head over to the Aurifil blog for a mini tour of Chicago and her thread tips for English Paper Piecing. Awesome job Kate!
B is for Boudreaux
Mister Domestic did it again! I adore his beautiful rainbow Initial Pillow (Mister Domestic actually has a real name… Mathew Boudreaux, hence the “B”). Head over to his page to get all the details on how he combined the Typecast English Paper Pieced “B” with a machine pieced border. You’ll also drool at the close-up image of his quilting. Beautiful work Mathew!
C is for Curtis
Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle knocked it out of the park! I love how she combined Typecast with “Oh Zippered Case” (a free tutorial by Oh How Sweet Co). It’s a perfect project to organize all of your EPP tools and supplies! Hop over to her blog to learn about Tara’s favorite EPP and supplies. She also gives her special tips for sewing on the binding. Cool project Tara!
D is for Day (and Decor)
Check out the largest hoop quilt Leah Day has made to date, all hand pieced using EPP techniques, with a Typecast letter “D”. Head over to her blog to learn about her experience using silk with EPP. I believe she’s the first on the blog tour to use non-quilting cotton! Dynamite Leah!
TYPECAST OF CHARACTERS BLOG TOUR hosted by Whole Circle Studio:
• Wednesday, March 27: Tour Introduction by Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 1 — A: Kate Brennan of Aurifil
• Tuesday, April 2 — B: Mathew Bourdreaux of Mister Domestic
• Wednesday, April 3 — C: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
• Thursday, April 4— D: Leah Day of Free Motion Quilting Project
• Friday, April 5 — Week 1 Wrap Up featuring A-D and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 8 — E: Erin Bay of Paper Pieces
• Tuesday, April 9 — F: Sylvia Schaefer of Flying Parrot Quilts
• Wednesday, April 10 — G: Giuseppe Ribaudo of Giucy Giuce
• Thursday, April 11— H: Hilary Jordan of By Hilary Jordan
• Friday, April 12 — Week 2 Wrap Up featuring E-H and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 15 — I: Kim Soper of Leland Ave Studios
• Tuesday, April 16 — J: Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting Jetgirl
• Wednesday, April 17 — K: Karen O’Connor of Lady K Quilts
• Thursday, April 18 — L: Kristy Daum of St. Louis Folk Victorian
• Friday, April 19 — Week 3 Wrap Up featuring I-L and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 22 — M: Molli Sparkles of Molli Sparkles
• Tuesday, April 23 — N: Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
• Wednesday, April 24 — O: Scott Hansen of Blue Nickel Studios
• Thursday, April 25 — P: Pat Sloan of Pat Sloan
• Friday, April 26 — Week 4 Wrap Up featuring M-P and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Joanna Marsh of Kustom Kwilts
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Lindsay Széchényi of Lindsay Széchényi (and Patchwork Threads)
• Tuesday, April 30 — R: Andrea Tsang Jackson of 3rd Story Workshop
• Wednesday, May 1 — S: Sarah Thomas of Sariditty
• Thursday, May 2 — T: Rachel Rossi of Rachel Rossi
• Friday, May 3— Week 4 Wrap Up featuring Q-T and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 6 — U: Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter
• Tuesday, May 7 — V: Jenn McMillan of Fabric, Ink
• Wednesday, May 8 — W: Jenny Meeker of Bobbin Roulette Studio
• Thursday, May 9 — X: Stephanie Kendron of Modern Sewciety
• Friday, May 10 — Week 5 Wrap Up featuring U-X and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 13 — Y: Debby Brown of Debby Brown Quilts
• Tuesday, May 14 — Z: Nisha Bouri and Kim Martucci of Brimfield Awakening
• Wednesday, May 15 — Week 6 Wrap Up featuring Y-Z, Tour closeout and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
Pick up your Typecast Guide and Paper Pack and make something great with us!
… and now, for the GIVEAWAY!
How to enter:
1. Leave a comment at the bottom of this blog post to enter. Make sure your contact info is in your profile or that you leave your name and either email address/Instagram handle in the comment. (I need a way to get in touch with you if you win!)
2. In your comment, answer: Do you EPP (English Paper Piece)? If not, are you inspired to do so after seeing these awesome projects?
You have until 8pm EST on Monday, April 8, 2019 to enter.
One lucky winner for each prize will be selected by True Random Number Generator.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner: Kathie L. Thank you to all who left a comment!
Good luck and go make something great,