Yay! We’re ready to depart to our third Around the World Block of the Month + Quilt Sew Along location! If you haven’t signed up yet for the Around the World BOM, it’s not too late! Jump in at any time. Sign up here.
This month we “travel to” Peru to visit spectacular Machu Picchu.
A little bit about Machu Picchu— It’s located about 310 miles from the capital of Peru, which is Lima.
This archaeological site is nestled high in the slopes of the Andes Mountains. The ruins are linked to the Inca Empire and the site has about 200 buildings that are considered to be architectural wonders.
Let’s get started!
Here are some tips as you piece your Machu Picchu block. If you need a little bit of extra help with foundation paper piecing, be sure to check out this video tutorial/mini-class.
Machu Picchu Blocks:
Want to sew along with us?
Register for the Around the World Block of the Month here and get the pattern.
• Using starch to make piecing easier: tips and a tutorial
• Around the World: Ready for Take Off! (introduction video)
• Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) basics: video tutorial/mini-class
• Around the World: Block 1 — Great Pyramid of Giza : Cairo, Egypt
• Around the World Block 2 — Tower Bridge : London, England
Have you visited Machu Picchu?
Is visiting South America on your bucket list?
Until next month happy stitching,