Welcome to our ninth Around the World Block of the Month + Quilt Sew Along location! If you haven’t signed up yet for the Around the World BOM, it’s not too late! Jump in at any time and join us for this super fun foundation paper piecing (FPP) quilting journey. You’ll have a collection of modern, travel inspired quilt blocks in no time! Sign up here.
This month’s block features the Eiffel Tower, an iconic symbol of Paris, France.
The Tower was built by Gustave Eiffel for the 1889 Universal Exposition, which was to celebrate the 100th years anniversary of the French Revolution.
Here’s a fun fact… the Eiffel Tower was only intended to last 20 years.
Let’s get started!
Here are some tips as you piece your Eiffel Tower block. If you need a little bit of extra help with foundation paper piecing, be sure to check out this video tutorial/mini-class.
Eiffel Tower Blocks:
Want to sew along with us?
Register for the Around the World Block of the Month here and get the pattern.
• Using starch to make piecing easier: tips and a tutorial
• Around the World: Ready for Take Off! (introduction video)
• Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) basics: video tutorial/mini-class
• Around the World Block 1 — Great Pyramid of Giza : Cairo, Egypt
• Around the World Block 2 — Tower Bridge : London, England
• Around the World Block 3 — Machu Picchu : Lima, Peru
• Around the World Block 4 — Parthenon : Athens, Greece
• Around the World Block 5 — Burj Al Arab : Dubai, UAE
• Around the World Block 6 — Colosseum : Rome, Italy
• Around the World Block 7 — Statue of Liberty : New York City, USA
• Around the World Block 8 — Kan’ei-ji Temple : Tokyo, Japan
Have you visited or lived in Paris?
Until next month happy stitching,