Welcome to our fifth Around the World Block of the Month + Quilt Sew Along location! If you haven’t signed up yet for the Around the World BOM, it’s not too late! Jump in at any time. Sign up here.
So far we’ve visited ancient and historic architectural wonders. This month, we’re
visiting a modern design.
This month we “travel to” Dubai, UAE to visit the sleek Burj Al Abab.
A little bit about this stunning structure…
One of the most iconic pieces of architecture in Dubai is the Burj Al Arab, one of the tallest hotels in the world. Construction on the artificial island, that is just large enough for the building to sit on, began in 1994 and the building opened just five years later in 1999. The outside of the hotel was built using more than 450,000 square feet of glass.
Let’s get started!
Here are some tips as you piece your Burj Al Arab block. If you need a little bit of extra help with foundation paper piecing, be sure to check out this video tutorial/mini-class.
Burj Al Arab Blocks:
Want to sew along with us?
Register for the Around the World Block of the Month here and get the pattern.
• Using starch to make piecing easier: tips and a tutorial
• Around the World: Ready for Take Off! (introduction video)
• Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) basics: video tutorial/mini-class
• Around the World Block 1 — Great Pyramid of Giza : Cairo, Egypt
• Around the World Block 2 — Tower Bridge : London, England
• Around the World Block 3 — Machu Picchu : Lima, Peru
• Around the World Block 4 — Parthenon : Athens, Greece
Have you visited Dubai?
Until next month happy stitching,