It’s time to arrive at our fourth Around the World Block of the Month + Quilt Sew Along location! If you haven’t signed up yet for the Around the World BOM, it’s not too late! Jump in at any time. Sign up here.
This month we “travel to” Athens, Greece to visit the marvelous Parthenon.
A little bit about this amazing structure…
The Parthenon is located on the Acropolis, a word that comes from the Greek word AKRON (meaning highest point) and POLIS (meaning city). The Parthenon is just one of the buildings on top of the Acropolis in Athens, Greece. It is dedicated to the city’s patron, the goddess Athena and construction of this temple was completed in 438 BC. This architectural wonder is made entirely of marble.
Let’s get started!
Here are some tips as you piece your Parthenon block. If you need a little bit of extra help with foundation paper piecing, be sure to check out this video tutorial/mini-class.
Want to sew along with us?
Register for the Around the World Block of the Month here and get the pattern.
• Using starch to make piecing easier: tips and a tutorial
• Around the World: Ready for Take Off! (introduction video)
• Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) basics: video tutorial/mini-class
• Around the World Block 1 — Great Pyramid of Giza : Cairo, Egypt
• Around the World Block 2 — Tower Bridge : London, England
• Around the World Block 3 — Machu Picchu : Lima, Peru
Have you visited Athens?
Until next month happy stitching,