Welcome to our eighth Around the World Block of the Month + Quilt Sew Along location! If you haven’t signed up yet for the Around the World BOM, it’s not too late! Jump in at any time and join us for this super fun foundation paper piecing (FPP) quilting journey. You’ll have a collection of modern, travel inspired quilt blocks in no time! Sign up here.
This month’s block features the Kan-ei-ji Temple, a beautiful Buddhist temple located in a residential neighborhood in Tokyo, Japan.
Let’s get started!
Here are some tips as you piece your Tokyo block. If you need a little bit of extra help with foundation paper piecing, be sure to check out this video tutorial/mini-class.
Want to sew along with us?
Register for the Around the World Block of the Month here and get the pattern.
• Using starch to make piecing easier: tips and a tutorial
• Around the World: Ready for Take Off! (introduction video)
• Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) basics: video tutorial/mini-class
• Around the World Block 1 — Great Pyramid of Giza : Cairo, Egypt
• Around the World Block 2 — Tower Bridge : London, England
• Around the World Block 3 — Machu Picchu : Lima, Peru
• Around the World Block 4 — Parthenon : Athens, Greece
• Around the World Block 5 — Burj Al Arab : Dubai, UAE
• Around the World Block 6 — Colosseum : Rome, Italy
• Around the World Block 7 — Statue of Liberty : New York City, USA
Have you visited or lived in Tokyo?
Until next month happy stitching,