Welcome to our sixth Around the World Block of the Month + Quilt Sew Along location! If you haven’t signed up yet for the Around the World BOM, it’s not too late! Jump in at any time. Sign up here.
This month we “travel to” Rome, Italy to visit the Colosseum.
A little bit about this structure…
This symbol of Rome is almost 2,000 years old and during the Roman Empire was known as the Flavian Amphitheatre. The structure held more than 50,000 people. In 2007, the Colosseum was named one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
On a personal note, Jason and I enjoyed an amazing trip to Italy, which included a visit to the Colosseum, over twenty years ago. Selfies didn’t really exist so we don’t have a lot of photos of ourselves. We were able to get a stranger to take our photo in Venice during that trip:
Let’s get started!
Here are some tips as you piece your Colosseum block. If you need a little bit of extra help with foundation paper piecing, be sure to check out this video tutorial/mini-class and this video tutorial on tiny foundation paper piecing.
Want to sew along with us?
Register for the Around the World Block of the Month here and get the pattern.
• Using starch to make piecing easier: tips and a tutorial
• Around the World: Ready for Take Off! (introduction video)
• Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) basics: video tutorial/mini-class
• Around the World Block 1 — Great Pyramid of Giza : Cairo, Egypt
• Around the World Block 2 — Tower Bridge : London, England
• Around the World Block 3 — Machu Picchu : Lima, Peru
• Around the World Block 4 — Parthenon : Athens, Greece
• Around the World Block 5 — Burj Al Arab : Dubai, UAE
Have you visited Rome?
Until next month happy stitching,