Welcome to our eleventh Around the World Block of the Month + Quilt Sew Along location! If you haven’t signed up yet for the Around the World BOM, it’s not too late! Jump in at any time and join us for this super fun foundation paper piecing (FPP) quilting journey. You’ll have a collection of modern, travel inspired quilt blocks in no time! Sign up here.
This month’s block features the Taj Mahal, one of the new Seven Wonders of the World.
Located in the city of Agra, India, most of the construction of this beautiful white marble structure was completed in 1648. It was commissioned by Shah Jehan as a memorial to his wife.
Let’s get started!
Here are some tips as you piece your India block. If you need a little bit of extra help with foundation paper piecing, be sure to check out this video tutorial/mini-class.
Taj Mahal Blocks:
Want to sew along with us?
Register for the Around the World Block of the Month here and get the pattern.
• Using starch to make piecing easier: tips and a tutorial
• Around the World: Ready for Take Off! (introduction video)
• Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) basics: video tutorial/mini-class
• Around the World Block 1 — Great Pyramid of Giza : Cairo, Egypt
• Around the World Block 2 — Tower Bridge : London, England
• Around the World Block 3 — Machu Picchu : Lima, Peru
• Around the World Block 4 — Parthenon : Athens, Greece
• Around the World Block 5 — Burj Al Arab : Dubai, UAE
• Around the World Block 6 — Colosseum : Rome, Italy
• Around the World Block 7 — Statue of Liberty : New York City, USA
• Around the World Block 8 — Kan’ei-ji Temple : Tokyo, Japan
• Around the World Block 9 — Eiffel Tower : Paris, France
• Around the World Block 10 — Space Needle : Seattle, Washington, USA
Have you visited or lived in India?
Until next month happy stitching,