Welcome to our tenth Around the World Block of the Month + Quilt Sew Along location! If you haven’t signed up yet for the Around the World BOM, it’s not too late! Jump in at any time and join us for this super fun foundation paper piecing (FPP) quilting journey. You’ll have a collection of modern, travel inspired quilt blocks in no time! Sign up here.
This month’s block features the Space Needle, an iconic symbol of Seattle, Washington.
The Tower was built for the 1962 World’s Fair.
Let’s get started!
Here are some tips as you piece your Seattle block. If you need a little bit of extra help with foundation paper piecing, be sure to check out this video tutorial/mini-class.
Space Needle Blocks:
Want to sew along with us?
Register for the Around the World Block of the Month here and get the pattern.
• Using starch to make piecing easier: tips and a tutorial
• Around the World: Ready for Take Off! (introduction video)
• Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) basics: video tutorial/mini-class
• Around the World Block 1 — Great Pyramid of Giza : Cairo, Egypt
• Around the World Block 2 — Tower Bridge : London, England
• Around the World Block 3 — Machu Picchu : Lima, Peru
• Around the World Block 4 — Parthenon : Athens, Greece
• Around the World Block 5 — Burj Al Arab : Dubai, UAE
• Around the World Block 6 — Colosseum : Rome, Italy
• Around the World Block 7 — Statue of Liberty : New York City, USA
• Around the World Block 8 — Kan’ei-ji Temple : Tokyo, Japan
• Around the World Block 9 — Eiffel Tower : Paris, France
Be sure to share your block progress using the #ATWBOM and #SpaceNeedleBlock on Instagram so we can see everyone’s progress!
Have you visited or lived in Seattle?
Until next month happy stitching,