Welcome to our 12th (and final) Around the World Block of the Month + Quilt Sew Along location! If you haven’t signed up yet for the Around the World BOM and still want to make this travel and architecture themed quilt it’s not too late! You can still get all of the quilt block patterns & bonus materials here.
This month’s block brings us to Australia.
Located on the Sydney Harbor, the iconic Sydney Opera House opened in 1973. The design of the building started as an international design competition, with Danish architect Jørn Utzon being awarded the project.
Let’s get started!
Here are some tips as you piece your Sydney block. If you need a little bit of extra help with foundation paper piecing, be sure to check out this video tutorial/mini-class.
Sydney Opera House Blocks:
Want to make this quilt?
Register for the Around the World Block of the Month here and get the patterns.
• Using starch to make piecing easier: tips and a tutorial
• Around the World: Ready for Take Off! (introduction video)
• Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) basics: video tutorial/mini-class
• Around the World Block 1 — Great Pyramid of Giza : Cairo, Egypt
• Around the World Block 2 — Tower Bridge : London, England
• Around the World Block 3 — Machu Picchu : Lima, Peru
• Around the World Block 4 — Parthenon : Athens, Greece
• Around the World Block 5 — Burj Al Arab : Dubai, UAE
• Around the World Block 6 — Colosseum : Rome, Italy
• Around the World Block 7 — Statue of Liberty : New York City, USA
• Around the World Block 8 — Kan’ei-ji Temple : Tokyo, Japan
• Around the World Block 9 — Eiffel Tower : Paris, France
• Around the World Block 10 — Space Needle : Seattle, Washington, USA
• Around the World Block 11 — Taj Mahal : India
Have you visited or lived in Australia?